lettering for South Buffalo’s 70-ton hopper
The South Bffalo Railway (together with the Patapsco & Back Rivers Railroad) was a 5 1/2 mile long switching railroad owned by Bethlehem Steel to switch
cars around Bethlehem’s Sparrows Point, Maryland steel mill. It delivered steel products in an interchange with the Pennsylvania at Gray’s Station and car floats
of the Baltimore & Ohio and Western Maryland at Sparrows Point, as well as bringing supplies in.
In September 1949, the PBR received 50, 50-Ton 33’ 2-bay oset hopper cars from Bethlehem Steel under order number DF 140, as Series 100-149.
For a more comprehensive understanding of these cars, refer to the Ed Hawkins/Pat Wider RP CYC Series, Vol 1, pages 82-96.
Decal set designed and created at Protocraft Decals
Printed by Microscale Industries
Background color shown above is not included in decal sheet