lettering for C&O’s 10’-0” IH 50’ automobile/furniture cars
In August of 1934, the C&O received its first all-steel automobile/furniture cars with an order of 90 built by the Mt. Vernon Car Manufacturing Company under Job 7964. These were assigned road numbers as Series 6700-6789 and assigned AAR Class XAF/XM and C&O Class AF5-1. Cars were built with 4/5 Dreadnaught square corner ends, Viking roof and an Equipco vertical power hand brake with wood running boards.
Paint & Lettering: Cars were delivered painted with C&O’s freight car brown: Matches TCP-219. Ends and underframe were coated with car cement black. Some of these early cars also had doors painted black.
Lettering was all white stencil paste. Reporting marks and road name were all 9” lettering. The ‘C and O for PROGRESS’ slogan did not appear until April 1948, and on the right hand side of the door opening.
Decal set designed and created at Protocraft Decals
Background color shown above is not included in decal sheet