lettering for MP’s 50’ EXPRESS car - 1951 Eagle scheme
In December 1941, the MP received 100 50’ double-door automobile cars from 3 lots:
Series 86150-86174, 25 cars, American Car & Foundry, Lot 2319 - all converted to passenger express svc in 1942*
* all of the 50 cars converted to Baggage Express service received steam lines and Allied Full Cushion High Speed trucks while retaining their reporting numbers. In 1950, the MP replaced the Allied trucks with Commonwealth BX trucks from General Steel Casting Corp. In 1951, these cars were repainted with Eagle colors. In October, 1960 cars 86150-86174 were renumbered into 4300-4324, and cars 8830--88324 were renumbered into 4325-4349.
Paint & Lettering: Beginning in June 1951, the Baggage/Express cars began to be painted in MP’s Eagle color scheme. Ends painted blue with roof either coated with black car cement or left unpainted. Underframe and trucks coated with black car cement. Reporting marks were black stencil paste with weight and dimensional data in white stencil paste. All 4 tack boards painted black. “B” indicated car limited to 75 mph.
(see attached painting diagram)
Decal set designed and created at Protocraft Decals
Background color shown above is not included in decal sheet