lettering for UP’s F-50-11 Class AAR 53’-6” flat cars
During June/July 1941, Pullman-Standard built 300, 50-ton flat cars under Lot 5664, and assigned Series 57000-57299. This was a new 53’-6”
design that became the standard for the AAR 50-ton flat car.
Paint & Lettering: Car and truck side frames painted UP freight car red and were lettered with “Road of the Streamliners” on the left side and
“Serves all the West” on the right side. Slogans were in yellow - all other lettering was in white stencil paste. This was also one of the first
classes built with the new Gothic lettering.
Decal set designed and created at Protocraft Decals with art work by Dick Harley
Printed by Microscale Industries